Photo credit: Butterball.com
Looking back on the year, there are so many things I have to be thankful for when it comes to blogging, family, and just life! Some of my top five things for which I am thankful!
1. God – I know it sounds like the beginning of a Grammy acceptance speech but it’s true! Nothing in my life has happened by chance. It has been designed by God. He has given me things I had no idea that I even needed, and for that I am grateful.
2. My husband – I am no easy bird to deal with. It takes a certain type of person to put up with someone like me. I am an always thinking, never REALLY resting, plotting and planning, sometimes cooking, sometimes cleaning, often clowning, semi-serious, usually sarcastic, demanding person. There has to be an award for putting up with me for this long… I’ll find it – he deserves it.
3. My kids – They’ve taught me a lot. One of the things I’ve learned from them is how to pray. They haven’t learned “Christian-ese” yet, so their prayers are so uncluttered, honest, and get to the point. Love it.
4. My mom and dad – I don’t even know where to start on that one, but good and “eh” they have contributed the most to who I am today. My mom was Malcolm X – “by any means necessary”, and my dad was Martin Luther King – “can’t we just talk about this?”. I’m a little of both, and it works.
5. My health – I am still here, walking, talking, and writing this blog. I thank God for that – I really do. So many people that were here with us last Thanksgiving, aren’t here this year. I am thankful for every breath I am given, every idea that I am given with the time and resources to execute it, and every moment that I have to spend with the people I love.
There’s a lot of thanksgiving slinging on blogs right now, and I am ready to catch me some! I am hosting Thanksgiving right here on SocaMom.com, so let us know what you are “cooking” by clicking here.
Here are 10 blogs that I’m thankful to have read today!
What to Wear to Thanksgiving Dinner – Fashion Bomb Daily | @thefashionbomb on Twitter
Vegan Thanksgiving – Yummly | @yummly on Twitter
Day 20 of 30 days of Gratitude and Thanksgiving | @CarolinaBeckey on Twitter
A Disneyland Thanksgiving | @polkadotlemonad on Twitter
My Perfect Meal *Insert Laughter Here* | @winenchat on Twitter
6 Thanksgiving Crafts for Your Busy Turkeys | @muddymonkeys on Twitter
Man Pleasing Chicken… | @NickiesNiche on Twitter
My Destructive Non Eating Infant | @bklynactivemama
Classic Style: Little Black Dress | @curveebeauty on Twitter
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Remember to bring a dish!