Many of us will be opting for church, or a small gathering with close family and friends to bring in 2013.
There are a ton of parties that you could go to, but here are two interesting events that you may want to consider checking out. One is in the Washington, DC area where we have a meetup group, and the other is in Brooklyn, NY where we also have a meetup group.
Washington, DC – Socacize $1 Fete
I am a huge Socacize fan. I haven’t been able to go in a while, but next year I plan to MAKE time for fitness.
You can bring in the new year with soca and exercise at Adinkra Cultural Arts Center on 3804 34th Street in Mt. Rainier, MD for $1! Click here for more information.
Brooklyn, NY – TriniSoul Caribbean Cooking Class and Small Bites Party (Must RSVP by 4 pm today)
Now THIS is a menu… Bring in the NEW YEAR, Caribbean Style with the ultimate caribbean small bites cooking party. It’s more than a cooking class, it’s the ultimate small bites cooking party!
- Spicy Jerk Meat Balls – ground beef and jerk spices then pan fried or bake with a ginger sauce
- Mango Tamarind Wings with a Creamy Savory Mango Chutney;
- Coconut Rice – Mini Bowls of delicious coconut rice
- Hogs in a Sleeping Bag – polska kielbasa sausage wrapped in a puff pastry and baked
- Mini Yam Patties – seasoned blackbeans and yams wrapped in pastry and baked
- Curry Chicken Salad in Phyllo Cups
- Tostones – with a spicy mojo sauce
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts – seasoned with olive oil, pepper and salt
- Sweet Plantains – Baked with Cinnamon and Sugar
- Cod Fish Fritters with a tamarind sauce
- Passion Fruit and Sorrel Drink
If you have a unique, Caribbean themed event that you would like to add to this list, click on contact us. Happy New Year all!